While long popular for commercial and industrial buildings, metal roofing is now catching on with homeowners throughout New Mexico. Metal roofs have plenty to offer: easy installation, fire resistance, a long life, and virtually no maintenance makes this material superior to nearly all others. Our roofing contractors specialize in metal roofing in Albuquerque for residential and commercial customers.
Metal Roof Styles and Options
Metal is one of the most versatile roofing options with nearly limitless options. The first choice to make is the type of metal you prefer. Most metal roofs are made with durable steel, although some homeowners choose the more lightweight aluminum. Steel is coasted with zinc coating and a sealant before installation to guard against rust followed by a long-lasting paint finish. While aluminum will not rust like steel, it will still be coated and painted. The advantage of steel is it stands up well to heavy rain and hail, although aluminum is so light that it does not need additional structural support.
Along with the popular steel and aluminum, other high-end metal options are also available. Copper, while very expensive, never rusts and never needs to be finished. It will also develop a beautiful patina over the years. Stainless steel and alloy metal roofs are also available.
Metal roofs also come in many styles and colors. The two main types of metal roofs are metal panels and metal shingles. The most common type of metal panel roof is the standing seam roof with raised ridges that run vertically. Shingle-style metal roofs are becoming more popular among homeowners as these roofs offer the familiar style of shingles with the many benefits of metal roofing in Albuquerque. These shingles can resemble wood shakes, Spanish tile, or even slate to better match the style of a home.
Why Choose a Metal Roof?
There are many reasons to consider replacing your roof with metal or installing a metal roof over your existing roof. The benefits of metal roofing in Albuquerque:
- Durability. Most metal roofs withstand very high winds. The roof will not corrode or crack and it is resistant to insects, rot, and mildew.
- Long-lasting. A metal roof can last 70 years or even longer.
- Energy efficient. Metal roofs reflect heat to lower your cooling costs by up to 25%. The energy savings can be substantial in warm, sunny areas like Albuequerque.
- Low maintenance. Metal roofs require virtually no maintenance.
- Eco-friendly. Metal roofs can be made with up to 95% recycled material and they can be recycled when it's time to replace the roof.
- Lightweight. While clay tile roofs, which are also popular in New Mexico, can weigh 750 pounds per inch, a metal roof will weigh just 50 to 150 pounds per inch to put less strain on the home's structure.
- Easy installation. Metal roofs are easy and fast to install by an experienced roofing contractor.
Are you ready to replace your worn roof? Are you planning to build a new home? Metal is hard to beat! Contact us today to get an estimate for a new metal roof for your home or business.