Even the best roof will eventually fail. When repairs won't cut it and a roof overlay isn't a good option, it's time to replace your roof. A new roof is a big investment and you want a new roof that you can depend on for decades to come. Our Albuquerque residential roofing contractors will help you choose the best roofing material for your home and your budget.
Signs You Need a New Roof
You don't want to replace a roof too soon and waste money nor do you want to wait too long and risk water intrusion into your home. That is why a residential roofing inspection is a necessary function every couple years. Our roofing contractors will advise you when repairs are an option, but the following signs indicate it's time for roof replacement.
- You have leaks. While a single leak can be repaired, multiple or major leaks may require a complete replacement of your roof.
- Missing shingles. One or two missing shingles can be replaced, but several missing shingles or losing shingles one after the other indicates your roof is at the end of its lifespan.
- Curling shingles. When you see shingles that are buckling or curling, it's a big sign that your roof is at the end of its life.
- Missing shingles on the valleys. Your roof's valleys are an important area because this is where rain flows before reaching the gutters. Missing or damaged shingles in the valleys necessitate replacement.
- Age. Repairs aren't a good option once your roof nears the end of its lifespan. Asphalt shingle roofs will last up to 25 years, wood shingle roofs can last up to 30 years, and tile roofs can last 50-100 years.
- Sagging roof deck. If you have spongy areas or a visibly sagging roof deck, your roof is at risk of collapse and you probably have serious water damage. Your roof will need to be replaced.
- Severe damage. Major damage from high winds, heavy rains, or falling debris will likely require a new roof.
Types of Residential Roofs We Install
While we can replace your home's roof with the same type, you may want to consider a new type of roof that is either more affordable or more durable. Here are some types of roofs our residential roofing contractors install in Albuquerque.
Cement and Clay Tile Roofs
Tile roofs are a common sight in Albuquerque. A cement or clay tile roof doesn't just look great on southwestern homes; tile can suit any home and add value to your property. Our residential roofing contractors install both cement and clay tiles in a huge range of colors, styles, and shapes. Tile roofs can last 50 years or more than a century and resist fire.
Metal roofs, while expensive, offer unbeatable benefits. Metal roofs are very attractive and available in a huge array of styles and colors. Along with looking great, metal roofs are resistant to fire, very energy efficient for lower cooling costs in the summer, and they can last at least 50 years.
Most homes in Albuquerque roofs have composition shingles. There are many types of composite shingles that range in price and durability. Our contractors will recommend a type of composite shingle to fit your budget.
If your roof is showing signs of age or its nearing the end of its lifespan, contact our residential roof replacement contractors in Albuquerque today for an estimate on a replacement roof. Also if you are looking for some of our other residential roofing services click the link.